What is BlueBiotics Ultimate Care
If you experience digestive issues or other health problems, it could be due to imbalances of the bacteria and other microbes (also known as the microbiota or gut flora) in your gut.
BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is formulated with 11 probiotics which were specifically chosen to correct these imbalances.
But First, What Are Probiotics?
Probiotics are living microorganisms (either bacteria or yeast) that can be found naturally within the human digestive system and have a positive influence on health. They do this by restoring the delicate balance of your “microbiome”, the collection of microorganisms that live within the digestive system.
To give you an idea of how many microorganisms live in your gut, bacteria outnumber all of the cells in your body by about ten to one. Bacteria are often thought of as unhealthy “germs”, but most bacteria found in the gut are harmless (at least when found in typical numbers), and in the case of probiotics, they’re actually beneficial.
Digestive Health Impacts Our Overall Health Having a healthy gut goes far beyond just digestive health. The health of the gut impacts overall health in many ways.
In recent years, research has been growing on the importance of the microbes that live within the GI tract.
These microbes help with digestion, but also influence many other aspects of health. For example, they may have a positive influence on the immune system, irritable bowel syndrome, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and more. Probiotics are known to improve antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
What is BlueBiotics Ultimate Care? BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is our premium probiotic supplement formulated for optimal digestive health.
Ingredients in BlueBiotics Ultimate Care BlueBiology BlueBiotics Ultimate Care includes eleven of the most well-researched, health-promoting probiotics. Ten of them are probiotic bacteria and one is a yeast (saccharomyces boulardii). A brief guide to the benefits of each of our probiotic strains can be found further down on this page.
These specific probiotics were included in BlueBiotics Ultimate Care in order to promote the widest number of health benefits that probiotics can provide.
Many probiotic supplements have just one or two probiotics. That’s not the case with BlueBiotics Ultimate Care. Each probiotic has its own unique characteristics and health benefits.
That’s why BlueBiotics Ultimate Care contains a potent 61 billion CFU (colony-forming units) including eleven probiotic strains. This ensures that you get wide-ranging health benefits. It’s a holistic approach.
This approach is backed by science, as higher microbiome diversity is also linked with better health. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20668239)
Our product is delivered via vegetarian, enteric-coated capsules so that it’s suitable if you’re vegetarian/vegan. We chose to use enteric-coated capsules so that the probiotics have the best chance to get through the stomach’s acid and make the journey to the gut, which is where they need to be in order to be effective.
BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is formulated with our proprietary blend of the following probiotics:
Lactobacillus Acidophilus ComplexLactobacillus acidophilus is found naturally in the intestines and is one of the best-known probiotics.
Lactobacillus acidophilus may provide the following health benefits:
- • May activate the immune system - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1454705/)
- • Prevent/reduce diarrhea - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24175943)
- • Lower cholesterol - (https://www.nature.com/articles/1600583)
- • Alleviate allergies - (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1399-3038.2009.00958.x)
- • Improve lactose intolerance - (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022030283818876)
Saccharomyces Boulardii ComplexSaccharomyces boulardii is different from other probiotics in that it’s a yeast rather than bacteria. The saccharomyces boulardii found in supplements comes from Asian fruits such as mangosteen and lychee.
Saccharomyces boulardii may provide the following health benefits:
- • Prevention/treatment of various types of diarrhea - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296087/)
- • Reduce h. Pylori symptoms (an infection that can cause ulcers and more)
- • Prevention of c. diff
- • Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- • Treatment of Crohn’s disease - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20458757)
Bacillus Coagulans ComplexBacillus coagulans is a type of beneficial bacteria.
Potential health benefits of bacillus coagulans may include:
- • Improved immune system function - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27605791)
- • Improved muscle recovery after exercise - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4963221/)
- • Constipation relief - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25338680)
- • May improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19332970)
- • May provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis symptoms - (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826289/)
Lactobacillus Bulgaricus ComplexLactobacillus bulgaricus is another friendly or beneficial bacteria that can be found in the digestive system. Lactobacillus bulgaricus is similar in structure to other lactobacillus strains, so its health benefits are thought to be similar.
Bifidobacterium Longum ComplexBifidobacterium longum is one of the first probiotics to colonize the infant gut.
Some potential health benefits of bifidobacterium longum include:
- • It has anti-inflammatory properties (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774839/)
- • Allergy relief (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22705947) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16689181)
- • May lower cholesterol (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12906063)
- • May improve anxiety/depression (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3413724/) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997396/)
Lactobacillus Rhamnosus ComplexLactobacillus rhamnosus has been extensively studied. It’s part of the lactobacillus genus, which is known for breaking down the sugar lactose into lactic acid.
Some potential health benefits of lactobacillus rhamnosus may include:
- • A boost to the immune system
- • Prevention/treatment of diarrhea
- • May prevent allergic reactions (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4155824/)
- • May help treat acne (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27596801)
- • May promote weight loss by suppressing appetite (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24299712) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28294985)
- • May help relieve irritable bowel syndrome (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30040527)
- • May help protect teeth against cavities (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11799281)
Lactobacillus Salivarius ComplexLactobacillus salivarius is a probiotc naturally found in the digestive system and was first discovered in human saliva, which is where it gets its name.
Some potential health benefits that may be gained from lactobacillus salivarius may include:
- • Improved dental/periodontal health, as lactobacillus salivarius inhibits the harmful bacteria found in the oral cavity (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19453574) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3769017/) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4236677/)
- • Has anti-inflammatory properties (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4320393/) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22230409)
- • May lower cholesterol (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25331262)
- • May have benefits for those with asthma (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4446640/)
Lactobacillus Casei ComplexLactobacillus casei is a probiotic lactic acid bacterium.
Some lactobacillus casei health benefits may include:
- • May reduce the incidence of antibiotic-associated diarrhea (https://www.bmj.com/content/335/7610/80)
- • May benefit people who suffer from constipation (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14631461)
- • May boost the immune system (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19053856) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3858332/)
- • May improve memory (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4232518/)
Lactobacillus Plantarum ComplexLactobacillus plantarum is a lactic acid probiotic bacteria found in many fermented foods.
Benefits of lactobacillus plantarum may include:
- • Improved skin health (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26287529)
- • May have dental/periodontal benefits (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27175447)
- • Prevention of weight gain (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4926461/)
- • May have heart health benefits (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25194632)
Bifidobacterium Lactis ComplexThe probiotic bifidobacterium lactis is a subspecies of bifidobacterium animalis.
Some of its potential health benefits may include:
- • Improved gluten digestion (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2453197/)
- • Enhanced immune system (https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/74/6/833/4737513)
- • Relief from diarrhea (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4877827/)
Bifidobacterium Breve ComplexBifidobacterium breve is naturally found in breast milk and the human body. It has wide-ranging health benefits.
Some potential health benefits of this probiotic may include:
- • Better digestive health (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1720633/)
- • Relief from constipation (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15269618)
- • Less inflammation (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26134988)
- • May help prevent allergic reactions (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16819382)
- • May be beneficial for people with asthma (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4446640/)
Additional Product Features
BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is:
- • Made in the USA in a cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) facility
- • Dairy-free
- • Soy-free
- • Wheat/gluten-free
- • Vegan/vegetarian-friendly
We know that you may be allergic to certain ingredients included in other supplements. Our product contains no common allergens so it doesn’t exclude anyone from taking it.
We also know that many people have concerns with consuming animal-based products and so do we. That’s why we don’t use gelatin capsules (which are bovine-based)---we use enteric-coated vegetarian capsules, so not only are they designed to deliver our probiotics to the digestive system, they’re also totally vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I Eat Yogurt and Other Probiotic Foods---Aren’t I Already Getting Probiotics?
Yes! And we actively encourage eating a hearty amount of foods containing natural probiotics.
But here’s the thing:
With today’s lifestyle, many people don’t have the time, money or energy to seek out and incorporate probiotics into their diet.
Not to mention it’s difficult to consume a wide variety of probiotic strains just through food.
Therefore, we believe that our probiotics provide significantly more convenience and a wider range of health benefits than you could realistically gain from consuming food-based probiotics.
Can I Take Probiotics While on Antibiotics?
Yes—and, it’s actually a very good idea to do so.
The reason being is that while antibiotics kill off bacterial pathogens that harm us, they also kill the good bacteria that inhabit the digestive tract.
This can leave us vulnerable to illnesses such as clostridium difficile and yeast infections.
By taking probiotics while going through a treatment of antibiotics, it helps to promote the growth and maintenance of healthy gut flora. This is essential to having a healthy digestive system—which greatly impacts overall health.
Do Probiotics Have Any Effect on Psychological Health Such as Anxiety or Depression?
Only in recent years have the medical and scientific communities started understanding the importance of the link between the collection of microorganisms found in the GI tract (the microbiome) and its communication with the brain.
Research has shown that the microbiome plays an important role in normal healthy brain function. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166223613000088)
Numerous studies have now shown that probiotics have a positive influence over the composition and function of the microbiome and positively alter the host’s immunological responses. (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12664-015-0547-6)
While scientists have expressed concerns about some of the methodological limitations of available studies on the subject, the results so far have suggested that probiotics have psychological benefits, including reducing anxiety and depression. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531716301154) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5056568/)
When should I take probiotics?
Probiotics survive best when taken 30 minutes up to or with a meal. (https://nutritionfacts.org/2014/01/02/how-should-i-take-probiotics/) If you get an upset stomach from taking pills on an empty stomach, it’s best to take them with a meal or right after.
Are there any side effects from taking probiotics?
There can be some negative side effects from taking probiotics. The most common side effects are feelings of bloating and gas. While uncomfortable, these side effects are usually temporary and last only as your body’s microflora adjusts and transitions to a healthy balance.
Side effects from probiotics can vary from individual to individual.
Are probiotics safe?
Available scientific evidence indicates that probiotics are safe, with the exception of use in immunocompromised patients.
I’ve seen probiotics for cheaper. Why should I pay this much?
BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is a premium probiotic product containing 11 of the most beneficial probiotic strains. We wanted our product to be top-of-the-line and that means it costs more to manufacture.
Do BlueBiology probiotics require refrigeration?
The probiotics in BlueBiotics are freeze-dried before encapsulation to ensure maximum potency without the need for refrigeration. BlueBiotics has been formulated and tested to ensure that it remains effective without refrigeration for a 24-month shelf life.
Do your probiotics contain dairy or gluten products?
There are no dairy or gluten products in BlueBiotics Ultimate Care.
Don’t we naturally have probiotics in our bodies? If so, why add more?
Probiotics are naturally-occurring in the human body. However, diet and lifestyle changes in our modern age have led to a decrease in the number of probiotics we’re getting in our bodies. Luckily, through probiotic supplementation, we can get back to a healthier balance.
What’s a recommended dose of BlueBiotics Ultimate Care and how many pills do I have to take?
The serving size for BlueBiotics Ultimate Care is two capsules, which is a powerful and effective dose for a variety of uses.
Do all probiotic strains have the same health benefits?
No. Probiotic strains vary widely in their uses. They also vary in the number of health benefits they provide.
Based on our research, we included 11 of the most useful and beneficial probiotic strains in our product. BlueBiotics Ultimate Care packs powerful probiotics that are effective in improving not just a few health conditions but also overall health.
The strains that we’ve chosen to include are more resistant to stomach acid which allows them to travel far enough through the digestive system to the point where they’re able to be effective (also known as bioavailability).
How many capsules are in a bottle?
A bottle of BlueBiotics Ultimate Care contains 60 capsules, which is a 30 day supply.
What type of capsules do you use?
BlueBiotics Ultimate Care probiotics are delivered through enteric-coated capsules to ensure that they reach the intestines, which is where they pass on their health benefits.
Probiotic products not delivered through such encapsulation may never have the intended health benefits due to not being able to survive the journey to the intestines.
Are the probiotics freeze dried?
Yes. Our probiotics are freeze-dried to ensure that they are still fresh when they are delivered to you. .